Elftown – the social site made for fans of scifi and fantasy
Register a user on Elftown
Name: Emil Johansson
Whatcha looking at there, dude?
Elftown titles and orders
Hmm, I dunno. What could there possibly be to say about a lazy, Swedish, lazy, 30-year-old, lazy computer nerd who composes music, makes the occasional visit in photoshop, draws simple pictures with a lead pencil and writes stories and computer programs in his spare time? That is, in *due* time...
Did I mention I'm lazy?
Oh, you wanna go there? Type this in your address bar - I'm too darn lazy to do it for you:
(or if yer lazy too, leave it to the browser - just click on the link)
Also check out the Lazy Club:
My House is a Safe Zone.
I believe minorities are an important part of society. The Universe is constantly changing. Our immediate environment is constantly changing. Because of minorities, because everyone is different from everyone else, new ideas, new viewpoints and new ways of life are born all the time, so that we may change too.
If you actually want to have an intellectual discussion, feel free to message me. Just beware; I've been known to make Jehovah's Witnesses want to leave and never come back simply by asking them to explain to me everything that seemed transparent or not entirely thought out.
If you want to have an unintellectual conversation, sure, that goes too. I probably won't mind.
Please keep in mind that having lots of friends just for the sake of having friends is not one of my goals in life, and discussing the weather and/or the latest ins and outs just for the sake of conversation is not something I like to do. So if you do message me and expect me to reply, please make sure you actually have something you want to talk to me about, or I might not be able to come up with an interesting reply, and chances are I won't bother to reply at all.
The Philosophers' Colosseum
What have I gotten myself into? :D
Wanna sneer at my feeble attempts at composing music? Follow the link below to my homepage and check out the music section...
I Am An Ancient Geek Of The Old School. I Do Not Bother With Buying Lots Of Stuff; I Create It.
Eventually, unless I happen to die first.
Assorted things that I am:
- A hacker *
- Honest **
- An individual thinker
- An agnostic
- Laid back
- Self-confident ***
Assorted things that I am not:
- Working hard to be on time
- Socially complicated
I am motivated by:
- My own innate playfulness and creativity
- Complex logical problems
I am de-motivated by:
- Supervisors, pressure and deadlines
- Fixed plans, obvious solutions
I'm genuinely indifferent about:
- Money and status symbols
- Other people's opinions about me ****
- Praises and rewards
* The term "hacker" has been corrupted by the movie industry. For an elaborate description of true hackerdom, see the Jargon File:
** Some people might consider me *too* honest. The term 'brutally honest' has been thrown at me at one occasion. But once that person got to know me, we had no problem communicating. He even turned to me a few times for an honest opinion because I was the only person he knew would actually *be* honest.
*** When it comes to social relationships, I sometimes seem to lack the confidence in myself that comes naturally otherwise.
**** One exception to the rule: When I'm in love with somebody, I do care what *that* person thinks about me.
Right. On to the weird stuff.
Did you know that:
- My birthday is the same as Nostradamus'. No kidding, it's true. I sometimes think I can see into the past. You know, like stuff that's already happened to me.
- Not only is my birthday on december 14th, but exactly one month earlier, november 14th, is the Swedish 'namesday' for the name Emil, which is my middle name (and also my nickname). In case you didn't know, almost every day of the Swedish year has had at least one name assigned to it, and if several the names are generally related - the day that your name belongs (most) with, that's your 'namesday'. Look at http://www.kalender.se/ and you'll see what I mean.
- 14 x 3 = 42. Not that it has anything to do with anything.
- My zodiac sign is Sagittarius, the archer. Incidentally, when I aim with a bow you'd better stand behind my back.
- My chinese sign is the wood tiger. AFAIK, I never had anything in common with Tiger Woods.
- Emil is actually my *middle* name, but that's what people call me. My first name is Johan, which is a very common name here in Sweden.
- Johan should be pronounced like "You hun" but the h gets silent in modern Swedish which makes it sound more like "You won". It is the equivalent of the name John. "Johansson" is pronounced pretty much like "You ones on". The pronounciation of "Emil" is harder to describe because no English wovel (that I know of) sounds like the Swedish "e". It's kind of in between "a" and "e". The rest is pronounced like the word "mill". Thus, my name pronounced in English would be something like "You won e-mail, you one son."
- The name "Johansson" (and all other -sson names) originally meant just what it sounds like - "Johan's son". So therefore, I am "John, son of John". Nowadays, these surnames just get inherited. "Johan" is not one of my father's names.
- Johansson is probably the most common surname in Sweden. Emil is rather common too nowadays, but most Swedes with that name are several years younger than me. I got this name because my parents wanted to give me an unusual name.
- I've always considered myself a true non-believer. That means I'm *not* an Atheist, because that is a firm belief in the nonexistence of God; I don't pretend to know, and I certainly don't try to guess. Simply basing my beliefs on pure faith is not my cup of tea. I guess this makes me an Agnostic. However, recently I've come to the conclusion that trust in logic is a form of belief, too, and I do tend to trust logic. So maybe I *am* a believer after all. You want to know how I came to this conclusion? Ask me.
- I promised myself once that I'd get drunk for the first time on my deathbed. So far I've kept that promise. I never smoked in my life. I never tried any drugs. Guess what? I don't miss any of it.
|Age: 30||Year of birth: 1974||Month of birth: 12||Day of birth: 14|
Fantasy race personality: Elf
Place of living: Sweden-Linköping
Town: Berga, Linköping/Linkoping
Elfwood artist: Yes
Elfwood writer: Yes
Elftown crew wannabe: No
Favorite drawing objects
|maths and engineering||music||Pascal|
|new age||progressive metal||rap|
Civil status: single
Sexual preference: opposite sex
Body shape: a little overweight
Visit our facebook page